Monday, January 25, 2010

The bride wore blue...


I think it's a little bit of an understatement to say it's been a crazy month. Finishing graduate school, moving out of my place in Philly (See ya, Philly!), getting married, and doing a midwest tour in a blizzard or two have been fun, but dare I say exhausting. Normalcy and routine have been non-existent, and from what I hear they're way overrated.

For those of you whom I haven't been the best at keeping in touch with as of recent (or not so recent), yes, I am now officially married to the most wonderful man who shares my love for zombies, cult classics from the 70s, cartoons, and ninjas. He's also a scientist. We had a small civil ceremony with a few loved ones around us at Philadelphia's City Hall on January 7, 2010, and it was perfect. Just absolutely perfect. I wore a short blue dress, and Dan wore SEPTA cufflinks that I personally made for him. Said man is also whisking me away to Switzerland/France for the next few years, and it's surreal to me that we're leaving in just under 3 weeks. It's been a whirlwind of paperwork and federal/international offices, as well as debates over the most substantial theories of proper packing (i.e. the fold vs. the roll method), and we still have a shit-ton to do. It appears that we will have temporary housing in Fernay-Voltaire, France, and will be searching for more permanent housing as we become settled. For now, we're going to just enjoy our last few weeks in Chicago while trying not losing our heads or vital paperwork.

I plan to post pretty frequently to keep youse updated on our adventures, so check back when you feel like procrastinating, saying hi, or get bored with Farmville. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment