Monday, January 3, 2011

London [re]bound.


Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a festive holiday to ring in 2011. We spent the holiday all cozy at home with a smourgasbourd of food and spirits, like oysters, caviar, smoked salmon, shrimp, foie gras, Chimay, wine, and champagne (yeah we don't mess around). In an effort to start the new year off right and not get behind from the get-go, here's a roundup of our recent trip to London over the Christmas holiday to visit family and see the sights. On Christmas Eve Day my brother-in-law took Dan and I out to Borough Market...




[The Brothers Duggan.]



[Chump.]













[Jerry rocks.]







[Market snack.]



I really liked Borough Market, especially because it reminded me so much of Reading Terminal Market in Philly. I can't say which I liked more, mainly because for as similiar as the markets are, they were also just as different. Borough Market has a very european market feel, while Reading Terminal Market has a very, well, Philadelphia feel. After the market Jerry left us to traverse on our own, and low and behold we ended up in a pub or two, because damnit, it gets cold in London!!!




[St. Bernardus Abt 12, how I've missed you...]






[On the Thames...]


[My first meeting with Tower Bridge.]



[Big ole pulled pint.]


London [re]bound Part II tomorrow...

A la prochain friends...

1 comment: