Friday, January 20, 2012

Hiking in the Jungfrau.


The next day, everyone was still alive - yippee! So, we ordered a drink and took to the trails...


We hiked up to Allemande at 1500 m, and stopped for a drink, frites and a bathroom break. We wanted to keep going higher up the mountain, but the weather started to change and it was getting late, so we started heading back down to Wengen so as to not get caught in a downpour. (We did however get caught in a downpour, but we were on the streets of Wengen by then, so we didn't really care.) Another time we'll hike the whole way up, but the day after a marathon I'm just happy that we got out on the mountain a little bit...


The next morning it was time to say good-bye to what I consider to be one of the two most beautiful places I've ever seen in my life (with the other being Cinque Terre, which I'll get to see demain (!!!)...more on that soon!), but with a friend coming out to see us very soon who is into outdoorsy type stuff, I have a feeling we'll be heading back to this UNESCO protected site sooner rather than later...


In the meantime however, we hopped back on our little cogwheel train for the 30 or 40 minute train ride down to Lauterbrunnen where our friends had parked their car...


...and spent a few hours in Lauterbrunnen to see the sights before heading home. Sights like this sweet waterfall...


And to cool off with a tasty beverage and more frites...


I know, we're so incredibly predictable.

Au revoir Jungfrau, Wengen, Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen, we will meet again soon.

A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey

1 comment:

  1. I love how you guys stop for drinks as much as I do. You're my friend.

    ReplyDelete