Thursday, July 25, 2013

28 weeks and miserable.

 
 
I hit 28 weeks today, which I think is the start of the third trimester, and let me tell you, I'm 100% miserable. There's been no relief from the heat, and there's none in sight, as it's going up to 33/34 C this weekend. (Highly unusual for our area.)
 
Two tower fans do not a happy mama-to-be make, and no offense French people, but constructing items to keep one cool is not your strong point. In fact, Doc went searching for another one yesterday at Migros, and not only was there only one fan to speak of, but it cost, (you might want to sit down for this), 340 euro (about $500). That wasn't a typo. And no, it wasn't a portable air conditioner, it was a fan. I have a feeling that despite the hefty price tag the fan doesn't work much better than the tower fans I curse at all day long. And in case you're wondering, we did not increase our fan inventory with that discovery. Hard to believe, I know...
 
I've been trying everything I can think of to try to keep cool, but nothing seems to work for very long. Cold showers only help for an hour or two, frozen watermelon cubes are great but temporary, and putting my spritz bottle of lavender water in the fridge is nice but a fleeting moment of happiness. I'm open to any and all other ideas you guys might have!
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey


No comments:

Post a Comment