Friday, July 12, 2013

Fig banana honey milkshake.


 
At this point of my pregnancy (26 weeks and a day), I have not been able to stop eating. For serious. Still no cravings yet, which I find weird. At least this means I've been able to continue my healthy eating lifestyle, aside from a slight increase in croissants, pain aux chocolat, and swiss chocolate. I've definitely been a lot more active this week than in past weeks though, so maybe that has something to do with the insatiable hunger? Regardless, it's been so hot lately that making anything that requires turning the stove on for more than 5 minutes is just pure hell. (See ya, one cup of coffee a day!) Homekid needs their nutrients however, so I've been preparing foods on the colder end of the spectrum. Behold! The fig banana and honey smoothie!
 
I adapted this recipe from one I found on pinterest, which you can find here. Here's my take on it, for all those interested in sampling it's sweet goodness:
 
Fig Banana and Honey Milkshake:
 
3 large or 5 medium sized fresh figs
1 banana (frozen or not, your call...I didn't have the patience to wait for it to freeze)
1/2 cup of organic whole milk
1 cup of organic vanilla bean ice cream
1-2 spoonfuls of organic local honey (I used one, next time I'll use 2)
 
Put all ingredients in a blender or immersion blender (we use the immersion blender for everything, including the above recipe). Blend. Consume. Smile.
 
 
My only problem now is that I'm out of figs. Merde. The Sunday Thoiry market cannot come soon enough! I've got some more fig recipes up my sleeve, so fingers crossed for a nice assortment this weekend.
 
Happy Friday everyone! Got any sweet plans for the weekend?
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment