Monday, August 19, 2013

A Year Later: Hiking in Chamonix, Mont Blanc (Part 1)

 
 
As mentioned in a post last week, I can't believe that it's been a year since we went hiking in Chamonix/Mont Blanc. We went on a hike here last year as the start to our long weekend trip before I left for Bikram Yoga Teacher Training, and ended the trip with a few days relaxing on the Italian Riviera in Varazze, Italy (look for that post later this week) .
 
 
We got a late start that day, but were able to hike from the town of Chamonix/base of Mont Blanc, to Plan de l'Aiguille (2317 meters) in 2 hours and 45 minutes...
 
{Above Chamonix}
 
 
...which is 45 minutes faster than the trail markers said it would take.
 
{Avalanched tree}
 
 
I was crazy proud of myself. I guess all that biking into Geneva and Bikram yoga was helpful.
 
{Yeahhh, after 2 years of being a backpack wearer while hiking, I'm officially in the belly bag club...}
 
{Haute Savoie}
 
{In my happy place...}
 
 
At this point in my hiking life, this was by far the prettiest hike I've ever been on...
 
 
...and the trails were much more manicured than what we're used to on the Jura, which was a nice change. An actual trail that isn't overgrown, or requires you to pull yourself up the mountain with the help of a nearby tree? Yes please!
 
 
Check back demain for Part 2 of our flashback hiking day in Chamonix/Mont Blanc!
 
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Dipping Liquid Pro Base

    ReplyDelete