Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Will walk for baguettes.

 
 
Thank you universe! The rains that we've been promised have finally arrived, and Doc and I jumped on the opportunity to head out for an early walk this morning.
 
 
We headed out literally between raindrops, as it started pouring the moment we got back inside the house.
 
{Master Shake out for a stroll}
 
{Apple trees in a front yard}
 
One of the many things that I love about France is that rather than using ugly decorative shrubbery to adorn their lawns, French people tend to plant fruit trees, and other fruiting plants. Sometimes it's one tree, sometimes it's 10. Or maybe a big row of raspberries. Or a small personal vineyard. Or a wall of blackberries on a trellis. It's so depressing for me to walk around where my parent's live in Southern New Jersey and see every house with the same five ugly pieces of shrubbery that the landscapers put in to take up space.
 
{Assorted fruit trees leading up to a house}
 
 
But I digress. We headed up to our favorite boulangerie in St. Jean de Gonville, where we picked up some bread, croissants, and pain aux chocolat...
 
 
...and spent some time walking around town, as it's been quite awhile since I've been through there.
 
 
I can't even begin to describe how good it felt to be out and walking. I've felt so cooped up lately, being stuck in the house because of the heat, that I couldn't have cared less if it started downpouring on us while we were out...
 
{29 weeks and 6 days}
 
 
...though our baguette would have gotten a bit soggy.
 
 
I decided to go uber American style this morning as well, complete with Phillies baseball hat and my coffee to-go.
 
 
I've been obsessing lately over the fact that summer is soon ending (hooray!) and that fall is fast approaching (bigger hooray!), and I'm hoping that Doc and I can continue on these morning walks with hot apple cider in hand and bundled up in sweaters.
 
 
That is, if any of my sweaters still fit me by then...
 
 
A girl can dream, right?
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment