Saturday, August 16, 2014

44 weeks: Playing with Prints


Well, we're nearing the end of week 44 for our little dragon, and let me tell you it's been a busy busy busy week...


...and by busy I mean "oh-my-God-when-did-she-learn-to-do-THAT" kind of busy.


The kind of busy that makes me have heart palpitations.


Since last week, Oswin has gone from just figuring out how to go from lying down in the crib to sitting independently, to pulling herself up to standing just a few days later.


She's also been determined to stand without holding onto anything, and frequently can for a few seconds...


...but oh this poor Mama's worrysome heart. Every crash and bump I hear upstairs makes me wants to run up and catch her, but I know this is how she's going to learn. She's already gotten much better with the falling aspect, as she spent the first day or two of standing letting herself free fall backwards, but has started putting her butt down first, thank goodness.


As nerve wracking as this new stage has been for me, I love seeing how proud of herself she is when she pulls herself up, or let's go of our hands and stands for a few seconds. It makes my heart swell. I also love seeing her problem solve different things, and the process she goes through to try new things. Everything is new for her and therefore everything is new for us. New, wonderful, and nerve wracking. 


In other news: still no teeth yet. I've been swearing that we're close for about 3 months now, but I really mean it this time guys. I really do. I think they're gonna pop through any day now. All of them. Because that's how that works right? All the suffering for one big go of teeth? Right? Right? Le sigh.


I'm fully expecting her week 45 report to include that she's now driving and moving herself into her college dorm room. Fingers crossed that can wait until at least week 46. 

Outfit details:

Dress // H & M
Moccs // Minnetonka

A la prochaine friends...

Honey 

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of change in a short time - for all of you! Looking forward to seeing the little dragon's teeth when they make their appearance!

    ReplyDelete