Sunday, November 30, 2014

Holiday Gift Guide: For the Zombie-phile in your life. (This one isn't for everyone. You've been warned.)

Pic via here. 

I debated posting this gift guide. For awhile. I had another one planned, one with lots of pretty things. One with swoon-worthy goodies for you and your loved ones...but then I thought: "hey, it's Sunday. The Walking Dead is on tonight. Let's talk about zombies instead." In fact, today is an even bigger Walking Dead day than normal, because tonight is the mid-season finale. Which means that come Monday night when I get to watch the episode they're going to inevitably kill off a character that I love and I will be all tears and emotions instead of tacos, and I hate that. Le sigh. Hashtag that one emphath problems.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with zombies...a zombie-phile, if you will. I love not only the genre that George Romero created in the 60s, but also the humble beginnings of zombie movies in the 30s that revolved around voodoo-ism. I know I can't be the only one, so this gift guide is for those people on your list. The sometimes eclectic. The ones who can get in arguments over zombie theory with a passerby on the subway. The ones who know what their weapon of choice would be during the zombie apocalypse. The ones who when they hear "Don't Stop me Now" by Queen immediately want to watch "Shaun of the Dead." 

I promise to return to normal programming tomorrow. Swear. Lots of pretty things. Girly things. Cute baby things. In fact, there may even be something like a quite normal coffee mug or swoon-worthy sweater in tomorrow's gift guide. But for now, just humor me and my love of all things zombie culture. Maybe you'll find something for the hard-to-buy-for-with-very-specific-tastes on your list. Thanks bunches and bunches. 

Pic via here. 

Everyone loves a good parody. This one happens to tug at my zombie loving heart strings. I wouldn't mind switching up the Very Hungry Caterpillar routine that we currently find ourselves in at the House of Hadron...

Pic via here. 

More awesomeness from Hopewell Creek! I can't wait until Oswin is old enough to pretend that we are defending our house from a zombie invasion. I'm pretty sure that zombie bomb would be my weapon of choice...just kidding, that's for one time use. But it'd be great in the zombie fighting arsenal.

Pic via here.

For all my Romero fans out there. A t-shirt is almost always the best way to show your fandom, am I right? Have you seen them all (and his remakes)?

Pic via here

...because it's always more fun to be able to say "well it happened differently in the comic..." Look into your heart you know it to be true! (Also, it is very different in the comic, so it's definitely worth a read if you're into the show.)

Pic via here. 

This is my favorite board game of all time. It turns out that Dan is a surprisingly good zombie. "Last Night on Earth" is a great game to bring out after a dinner party if you've got friends who think they are good enough at strategy to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Pic via here. 

For the lover of all zombie culture and history. This book takes you back to the beginning of zombie culture, with movies like "White Zombie" (1932) that started it all.

Pic via here.

...and since we're talking "White Zombie," why not get them a copy? It's amazing how much the genre has shifted over the years.

Pic via here. 

...because it's even cooler in French. (I'm a bit biased though, I have this same poster in our foyer).

Pic via here. 

This zombie cookie cutter would make a great stocking stuffer for the zombie fan in your life...and I bet zombie snickerdoodles taste delicious.

Pic via here. 

Don't you even try to tell me that he isn't your favorite...unless you're a walker, because then I get it. 

Pic via here. 

A pretty little cross stitch pattern to make your own little dedication to those who fought at The Winchester...

Pic via here. 

I love a good map, especially when Alternate Histories gets their hands on it. I'm also really loving this print about the zombie wall in Ocean City, NJ...

Pic via here. 

...or if you've got an extra six grand, go big and get 'em this pinball machine. I can already think of the perfect place for it in our house, wouldn't you agree Dan?

More gift guides tomorrow! Remember, pretty things! Promise!

A la prochaine friends...

Honey 

No comments:

Post a Comment